Assistant Building Superintendent
The Buckingham (High-Rise building in Fort Lee, NJ) is seeking an Assistant Building Superintendent/Handyperson to maintain a clean and safe environment for the residents and employees of the building. The Handyperson is the assistant to the Superintendent and should be able to provide minor carpentry repairs, as well as basic maintenance tasks. In most cases, the Handyman, will be the next person to answer to management, in the superintendent's absence.
Essential Role and Examples of Responsibilities:
- Address work order repairs and to report to the superintendent the status of such repairs
- Electrical repairs and maintenance: lightbulbs, wiring, circuit breakers, etc
- Carpentry & General Construction: woodwork, sanding, painting, etc
- General Plumbing: Toilets, faucets, fix leaks, etc
- Facility Repairs: doors, doorknobs, locks, broken tiles, polish floors, staining, etc
- Outdoors: landscaping and snow removal; sidewalks and driveways, etc
- The Handyman will also assist the Superintendent in implementing the Preventive Maintenance Program. Duties will include:
- Clear Stoppages, as needed.
- Repair toilets, as needed.
- Replace faucets and faucet washers, as needed.
- Repair leaks, as needed.
- Repair and install kitchen doors, as needed
- Install exterior doors and locks, as needed
- Repair and replace flooring, as needed.
- Sheet-rock, plastering work and painting, as needed
- Boiler maintenance as outlined in the Preventive Maintenance Program. (In the absence of the Superintendent and proper certification)
- At least a high school degree
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Must be able to speak, read and write English
- Maintenance Experience: 5 years minimum
- Background check prior to hiring
- Fort Lee, NJ 07024: Reliable commute or planning to relocate near the job site before starting work (Required)
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary: Up to $25.00 per hour
- Benefits: Health insurance, Paid Time off
Click "apply" to this job posting to submit resume by email.