Construction Inspections / Management for Architectural Firm
Stogner Architecture is currently seeking self-motivated, detail-oriented and adaptable individuals to join our fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate has a background in Construction Administration / Inspection and/or Construction Management.
Our office is located in Rockingham, North Carolina.
This is NOT an administrative assistant/secretarial type position - the person must be familiar with construction.
Responsibilities may include:
- Act as the primary Stogner Architecture representative communicating with Owners and General Contractors during the construction phase of projects designed by our firm.
- Serve as the Construction Contract Administrator, administering the terms of the contract during construction projects
- Perform on-site observations/site visits and produce field reports from those visits. Frequent visits to job sites will be required.
- Assist with bid period and construction administration services, including site visits and coordination with the owner and public agency(ies)
- Act as a liaison between our design professionals, contractors and clients
- Represent firm at PreBid, Bid or Construction meetings or as required
- Review RFIs, submittals / shop drawings and schedules for compliance with contract documents.
- Build and maintain favorable working relationships with clients, contractors and other team members
Qualified applicants must be proficient in the construction process, must have strong communication, conflict resolution and time management abilities. Experience in Architecture or Construction Services is a plus, but not required in the case of recent college graduates.
Our firm specializes in both large and small projects, primarily commercial, and both new construction and renovations for a wide range of building types: multi-family, education, retail, religious, office buildings, and government and community focused projects.
Qualified applicants must have the ability and the willingness to confidently walk 1 and 2-story roofing projects.
It is an added bonus if the candidate has architectural design and/or CAD experience, but not required.
If you are interested in possibly joining our team, please submit a cover letter and resume.
Questions may also be submitted.