Underground Repair Sewer I/II
The South Tahoe Public Utility District is seeking an Underground Sewer Repair I or II to perform maintenance, and repair work on the sewer collection system. Requires one-year exp in general maintenance, or construction and/or experience in sewer maintenance work. Experience operating heavy equipment a plus. Salary $4084-$6440/month DOQ.
1. Maintains and repairs sewer lines and laterals; replaces, repairs and adjusts manhole covers and frames.
2. Cleans and inspects sewers, manholes and related facilities.
3. Maintains and repairs sewer main lines; maintains, repairs and installs sewer laterals as required. Repairs force mains and installs sewer mains.
4. Performs sewer television inspection and sealing.
5. Breaks out, removes, and repairs street pavement.
6. Operates and services sewer cleaning and rodding equipment (i.e., hydros, vacuum trucks, rodding equipment and t.v. camera equipment). Performs pre- and post-vehicle inspections.
7. Operates trucks, tractors, backhoes, loaders, forklifts, and related equipment.
8. Operates air compressors and associated tools, such as jackhammers and other air tools.
9. Updates sewer grids using infra-map software.
10. Performs easement clearing using chainsaws and chipper.
11. Responds to emergency calls for assistance when available and accepts standby duty as needed.
12. Adheres to and enforces stated safety policies and procedures.
13. Uses Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus safely, as stated by California law.
Education & Experience Requirements
High School graduate, or equivalent, with ability to read and follow safety procedures and job related instructions, is required.
1. Underground Sewer Repair I: One year of experience in at least one of the following: collection system maintenance, construction, repair or general maintenance work.
2. Underground Sewer Repair II: Three years of experience in construction, repair and maintenance of a sewer collection system. Requires some experience in directing an assigned crew.
3. See Proficiency Section for applicable certification requirements.
1. Underground Sewer Repair I requires CWEA Collection Systems Maintenance Certification Grade I, or ability to obtain, and maintain, within 24 months of hire date. Underground Sewer Repair II must possess CWEA Collection Systems Maintenance Certification Grade II.
2. Requires a valid Class A license, acceptable by the State of California, appropriate to operate Class A vehicles, and with a driving record that enables insurability. Requires endorsements for Air Brakes, Tanker, Towed Vehicle over 10,000 lbs.
3. Requires training and certification in the operation of District forklifts, backhoes and loaders.
4. Requires Competent Person training for trenching and shoring, as required by Cal-OSHA.
5. Must have current, valid CPR and First Aid certificates or ability to obtain with 2 years of hire date.
6. Requires ability to remain certified with the Confined Space Program and the duties of Confined Space Supervisor (UR Sewer II only), Entrant, and Attendant, as provided during annual training and maintains confined space and confined space rescue certification.
7. Requires knowledge of the methods, tools, materials and equipment used in the maintenance and repair of sewer collection systems, and related facilities.
8. Requires knowledge and ability to install gravity sewer mains and repair force mains.
9. Requires ability to complete written work orders, keep simple records and prepare reports.
10. Requires computer skills to enter data into Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
11. Underground Sewer Repair II requires NASSCO, PaCP, MACP and LACP certification and recertification every three (3) years, and computer skills to operate and troubleshoot the T.V. Truck.
12. Requires traffic control and signage/flagging certification.
13. Requires the ability to read and follow written and/or verbal instructions, safety procedures and job-related instructions.
14. Requires mechanical ability as related to various job functions.
15. Requires the ability to maintain cooperative relationships with co-workers, supervisors, and the public.
16. Requires ability to perform supervisory duties (including ability to direct an assigned crew) in the absence of the Underground Sewer Repair Supervisor or Sewer Lead Person (Underground Sewer Repair II only).
1. Works under the direct supervision of the Underground Sewer Repair Supervisor and/or Sewer Lead Person.
2. Ability to work independently after receiving instructions.
3. Requires ability to exercise individual judgment and take prompt and decisive action when emergency situations arise.
Completed applications must be received by 12:00 pm Sunday 7/5/2022