Project Manager - Construction
SMJ Metal Company, Inc, d/b/a Ralph’s Blacksmith Shop is one of the largest Miscellaneous Metals manufacturers in Massachusetts and the surrounding states. Our focus almost exclusively on specification section 055000 and commercial work for elementary & high schools, colleges, universities, state and federal public buildings and the occasional private organization/building.
We are currently seeking to fill a Project Management position.
If you have a strong, friendly and outgoing personality, you may just be the right fit!
Experience in commercial construction, especially Miscellaneous Metals and Structural Steel is preferred, though not absolutely required.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or Construction related certificates from
technical college as well as experience as manager or supervisor in Construction.
6-year total in any combination of both.
· Must have a personality that will fit into a small group of highly motivated and efficient managers.
· Strong sense of urgency & drive when needed to work through stressful situations
· Basic understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel and an ability to manipulate spreadsheets
· Knowledge of Procore, PlanGrid, Newforma a plus.
· Strong organizational & decision-making skills
· Strong technical communication skills both written and oral
· Ability to navigate and understand Architectural and Structural drawings as well as specifications
· Demonstrated estimating abilities shall include knowledge base to identify labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
· Successfully manage projects from beginning to end
· Understand & appreciate project schedules & deadlines while respecting budget constraints
· Outsource and work with detailers for assigned projects. Review detailer’s work to ensure correctness and adherence to contract documents before submitting shop drawings for approval
· Review details on shop drawings to make sure they are in line with the financial intent at bid time
· Must be able to recognize when the scope of work from bid time has changed via RFI/ASI/Bulletin, etc. Provide & justify cost estimates to the CM/GC to adjust the contract value
· Obtains bids from vendors and subcontractors by specifying materials and preparing costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements.
· Provide overall project management to ensure project goals and schedules are met.
· Work with our field foreman to ensure they have a proper understanding of the projects contract documents and our responsibilities on the project
· Communicate effectively with our manufacturing foreman to make sure details on drawings are adhered to and deadlines are met
· Communicate effectively with CM/GC’s Project Team to make sure we are well represented and meeting all project requirements, schedules and remaining within budget.
· Travel occasionally required to jobs in MA, NH, CT, NY to attend project meetings and be present on site
Pride in the company you work for
Negotiated Salary depending on qualifications and experience
If you are looking to make a change in 2024 and are wishing to use your knowledge, hard work, skills and personality to become part of a great team in a great company, we’d like to talk with you.