The Maintenance Technician (MT) responsibilities include day-to day maintenance and repairs for the property, common areas and other facilities in San Diego County. Work should be performed independently.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Include but not limited to:
- Rough and finish carpentry (journeyman level only)
- Drywall repair and installation
- Stucco repair and patching
- Fence repair and installation
- Painting and finishing
- Concrete repair and installation
- Lighting installation, retrofit and troubleshooting.
- Flooring and floor covering
- Insulation and acoustical ceiling
- Tile repair & replacement
- Electrical repair and troubleshooting.
- Plumbing repairs and fixture replacement
- Power washing
- Gate, garage door, and hardware repair and replacement.
- Lock repair and replacement
- Hardware repair and/or replacement
- Rain gutter and downspout repair and replacement
- Door repair and replacement.
- Adjust/align doors and windows.
- Perform property inspections to identify needed repairs, replacement, safety concerns and other needs.
Knowledge and Skills
- Proper use of equipment, hand tools and power tools associated with job duties and responsibilities.
- Professional communication skills, written and verbal.
- Must maintain valid state driver’s license, good driving record and have reliable transportation.
- Able to speak and write in English.
- Follow proper usage and safety guidelines.
- Must be willing to work San Diego and Orange County.
5+ years directly related or closely related experience.
Frequent standing, walking, bending, kneeling, climbing, use of ladders, and reaching above shoulders with hands and arms. Should be able to lift up to 50-lbs.