Electrician - Yerington, NV Pumpkin Hollow
Small Mine Development builds and operates America’s underground mines. Our mission is to be the leader in safe, productive and innovative mining solutions. We are seeking motivated, self-starters, that can work safely while ensuring production goals are met. By joining our team, you will be tasked with hard yet very rewarding work that provides opportunities for career development and advancement.
Position: Experienced Electrician
Pay Rate: Competitive Hourly Wage (Depending on Experience) + safety and production bonus
Schedule: 7 on 7 off, 12-hour shifts. Straight days.
Area: Yerington, NV – Pumpkin Hollow Underground Mine
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direction of the site superintendent, electricians are responsible for troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining mobile and stationary underground mining electrical equipment.
Our electricians are tasked with carrying out duties that ensure electrical safety and support to the mining advance. Those responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- High Voltage Electrical – Install, terminate, and repair HV cable 13800/4160V.
- MLCs and Sub-Stations – Install, troubleshoot, repair, calibrate, and clean as necessary. Inspect on a planned maintenance schedule.
- 480 Volt Electrical – Install and maintain fan and pump starters, VFDs, and terminators. Troubleshoot and repair electrical circuits on equipment (e.g., drills, bolters, light vehicles, forklifts, etc.) this includes 480VAC, 120VAC, 24VAC, 24VDC, 12VDC. Maintaining and or calibrating fixed equipment, such as batch plants, RPM plants, compressors, shops, offices, generators, or wash bays.
- Lighting – Install and repair all surface and underground lighting.
- Communications – Install, inspect, and repair leaky feeder and page phone systems.
- Safety – Inspect for any potential electrical citations and repair as needed.
- Equipment Maintenance – Assist equipment mechanics during down time.
Experience and Qualification Requirements
- Work with a safety-first mind set and maintain situational awareness at all times.
- Hold a current MSHA Certificate (5000-23) in underground metal/non-metal mining.
- Possess knowledge and understanding of all underground (hard rock) mining electrical applications.
- Be proficient in interpreting electrical schematics.
- Have the ability to work alone.
- Have experience and ability to efficiently install utilities.
- Have the ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. and work in year-round weather conditions.
Beneficial Skills but not required:
- Operation experience of underground support equipment, e.g., skid steers, forklifts, manlifts, and other equipment.
We offer a strong benefits plan including:
- Enrollment in ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Various insurance offerings through Colonial, including life and short-term disability
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Transportation to and from job site
- Contributions to position specific Continuing Education
Small Mine Development, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are a Drug Free Workplace. Career candidates must pass a drug screen.