Maintenance & Welding Crew & Mining Crew Member
Job Description: Maintenance & Welding Crew & Mining Crew Member
Palmerosa Works, LLC which is the Operations company for Palmerosa Mining has an opening for a “Maintenance & Welding Crew Member & Mining Crew Member”.
Six (6) months on, Six (6) months off in Nome AK.
Earnings Guarantee (Amount based on experience) - Earn a years compensation in 6 months!
Transportation and private quarters provided.
The following is a general description of the duties of the position.
- Always be punctual and ready to depart Port for your appointed shift.
- Always adhere to “Safety First” in any job function. If an unsafe condition occurs, be sure other Crew Members are aware of your observation and work together to find a safe remedy to resolve the problem.
- Always be ready to assist with any Emergency situation even if it is not on your assigned shift.
- Diligently observe boat components during operation. Make sure you understand normal operating conditions for these components and if you note anything abnormal, take appropriate action.
- Perform production sampling and reporting of your findings during mining operations.
- Perform and record sea and plume observations for DEC reporting requirements.
- Anchor Hoist management.
- Grease System Management.
- Maintenance Work as needed. (Replacing or fixing broken components. Welding may be required. Hose repair or replacement. )
- Diligently observe water and boat conditions noting sea height and oil or debris in the water. Immediately report abnormal conditions to the captain.
- Extensive Maintenance is always planned for pre-launch. This includes equipment modifications, replacing worn or broken parts, and normal maintenance. This will also involve fabrication, Welding, and Installation.
- Gold cleaning after cleanouts. When time permits, you will assist in cleaning gold and mats from the sluice area as well as classification, panning, and drying of the gold.