Elevator Inspector/Sub-Code Official
Part Time Elevator Inspector/Sub-Code Official for Mount Laurel Township
Reviews plans and conducts elevator inspection work involved to enforce the State Uniform Construction Code, the elevator sub-code, and regulations adopted pursuant to the Uniform Construction Code Act; does other related work.
This position is Part-Time. 25HRS a week or less
Examples of Duties
- Examines plans and specifications of elevator work for compliance with the elevator sub-code of the New Jersey Construction Code.
- Inspects and evaluates all elevator work installed during construction to ensure conformity to elevator sub-code, and the regulations of the New Jersey Uniform Construction Code.
- Inspects elevator installations in existing buildings to ensure that they meet minimum safety standards.
- Determines the proper cause of violations of elevator sub-codes, and takes proper corrective action.
- Presents inspection findings in court and administrative hearings.
- Prepares recommendations regarding temporary and final certificates of occupancy.
- Prepares necessary reports.
- Establishes and maintains records and files.
- Will be required to learn to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and computerized information systems used by the agency, office, or related units.
- Applicants must possess a valid Elevator Sub-code, High Rise and Hazardous (HHS) license, issued by the New Jersey Department of Community Affairs.
- NOTE: Appointees must continue to complete the code update education courses required to maintain their Elevator Sub-Code license.
- Possess a valid New Jersey driver's license.
TO APPLY: Please submit your letter of interest and your resume, along with copies of the above-listed certifications not on file to email@example.com