Under limited supervision, this position provides project management and implements electric projects for Moorhead Public Service's (MPS') electric distribution system. This position assists in the design, directs the installation, and upgrading of substation additions and transmission line projects. This position assists staff and consultants in the design and construction management of major electric and water facility additions, including project contract negotiations, design criteria, specifications review, and progress review. This position provides project management for all MPS campus and facility projects.
JOB DUTIES OR ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
The essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Directs the construction management of projects, including field surveys, inspections, and documentation.
• Ensures that contract compliance is maintained throughout the construction process.
• Directs the preparation of construction plans and specifications.
• Monitors compliance with local, state, and national standards relating to construction projects.
• Provides project management and implements major utility electric projects in generation, transmission, and substation, as well as other MPS campus and facility projects.
• Provides project management and implements major utility water projects.
• Directs the design of electric distribution projects.
• Coordinates construction activities for major electrical projects.
• Creates and maintains permanent documentation of projects and data related to this position.
• Manages MPS utility easements.
• Assists with the operating budget in areas of responsibility.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the formal education, experience, and training required.
Bachelor's degree in construction management, project management, operations management, engineering (civil, electrical, or mechanical), or other related degree.
Five (5) years of municipal utility design and municipal utility construction experience.
Trainings, Certificates, and Licenses
• Driver's license valid in the state of Minnesota.
• Personal qualities consistent with MPS' Culture Values:be engaged, be respectful, be positive, be a team player, and be appreciative of others.
The requirements listed below are representative of the formal education, experience, and training preferred in order to exceptionally perform all of the functions of this position.
Master's degree in construction management, project management, operations management, engineering (civil, electrical, or mechanical), or other related degree.
Eight (8) years of municipal utility design and municipal utility construction experience.
Trainings, Certificates, and Licenses:
• Professional Engineering License.
• Project Management Professional Certification.
While performing the normal duties of this job, many different processes and methods are required to apply to an established professional or technical field.
Limited supervision is provided while preforming the normal duties of this job. This position exhibits no formal supervisory responsibilities but may coordinate work with other individuals as a team member.
While performing the normal duties of this job, this position's work affects the overall efficiency and image of MPS.
REQUIRED PHYSICAL ABILITIES AND WORK CONDITIONS
The physical demands and work conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, this position:
• May occasionally climb up to 40 steps, balance, bend/stoop, kneel, crouch, squat, reach above shoulder level, run, push/pull up to 150 lbs., lift and/or carry up to 50 lbs., feel, and use repetitive motions; frequently sit, stand, walk, finger/enter data/keystroke, and drive; and continuously talk and hear.
• Will use close vision, far vision, depth perception, visual acuteness, color vision, and peripheral vision.
• Will use their right hand and left hand for simple handling or grasping, and will use their right and left feet.
While performing the duties of this job, this position will experience exposure to inside and outside environmental conditions; exposure to noise, dust, fumes, gases, chemicals, or oils requiring special mitigating precautions or protective gear; work around moving mechanical parts; exposure to extreme heat and extreme cold.
WAGE AND APPLICATION INFORMATION::
The 2023 salary range for this position is between $7,141 and $10,986 monthly. The starting salary will be dependent upon experience and education. Excellent health insurance and benefits package.
Closing date: Monday, March 20, 2023.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks. This job notice should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive responsibilities of the position. Other duties may be required by the supervisor. The job notice does not constitute an employment contract between the employer and the employee. It is subject to change as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.