The Marcus Mindset
At Marcus Construction, our employees drive the success of our business. Our team effort is what makes us successful and together, we focus on excellence, safety, quality and improvement. We believe that to be the best, it’s crucial we work together to find the best solutions, to deliver the highest value and service to our clients with a sense of safety and urgency. We hold each other accountable for the quality of our work and the results we achieve. We believe in treating each other and our customers with respect and we believe in building long-term, strategic relationships with our customers. We believe in taking care of our assets especially our most important one – our employees. We encourage our employees to take initiative and be a difference maker not only at work but also in our community.
Marcus Construction believes in recognizing our talented and dedicated employees who go above and beyond our expectations to serve our customers, solve problems and continually improve our business.
Our total rewards program includes:
- Group Medical Plan
- Health Savings Account
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Flexible Savings Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401k with Company Match
- Dental & Vision
- Group Term Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Service Awards
- Team Building Events
The HR Generalist serves as a key business partner to management and employees. This role manages human resource functions including employee relations, performance and talent management, training and development, compensation and benefits, talent acquisition, HR system administration, and facilitating of organizational policies and programs to ensure labor law and regulatory compliance.
Core Competencies, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated competency in functional areas of HR, including employment law (federal and multi-state), employee relations, compensation & benefits, HR systems, talent acquisition, OFCCP and AAP.
- Proven critical thinking skills and ability to make decisions and execute independently.
- Exemplary written and verbal communication, collaboration, and presentation skills.
- Impeccable ability to operate with integrity, confidentiality, and compassion in sensitive situations.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in HR Management
- 5 years of HR Generalist experience in the commercial construction industry preferred
- Experience in HRIS administration required.
- SHRM PHR/SPHR certification a plus
Travel Requirements – Nominal local travel (less than 5%) required for this position.
Physical Demands/Working Environment: The physical requirements listed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Position involves sitting for extended periods of time while working at a computer. Employee must be able to communicate effectively in a typical office environment with a standard level of office noise. Frequent standing, walking, and occasional bending and lifting is also required.
Successful completion of a pre-employment background check required.
*The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the position. This description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.