Job Training & Safety Coordinator
Job Training & Safety Coordinator
LREC has an immediate opening for a qualified Job Training & Safety Coordinator.
Requirements include Bachelor of Science degree with safety emphasis or related degree and/or
six years safety related job experience preferred.
1. Directs the safety activities of the Cooperative, counsels with employees
to make certain that all responsibilities are understood and accepted, and
delegates authority with full recognition and acceptance of overall
2. Plans, coordinates, and conducts through the Oklahoma Association of
Electric Cooperatives monthly safety meetings for line personnel and plans
quarterly safety meetings for all employees.
3. Conducts safety observations/inspections of employees' work practices,
equipment, and facilities with written report submitted monthly.
4. Schedules and conducts monthly job site visits with maintenance and
construction crews to monitor and to report improper compliance with
safety procedures. A written report is to be submitted monthly on all crews.
5. Reports all eminent danger situations immediately to the supervisor on the
job, Director of Operations and Chief Executive Officer.
6. Maintains employee rubber protective equipment testing program, first-aid
kit supplies program and other programs that are initiated. Performs an
annual audit of these items.
7. Keeps abreast of all regulations and laws dealing with safety and job
training as set forth by the governing agencies; maintains and files all
safety records and reports.
8. Investigates and makes necessary reports involving personal and public
9. Develops, implements, and coordinates training programs for employees
dealing with first aid, CPR, safety and training practices.
10. Coordinates and develops safety training programs and schedules within
the Cooperative. Can request the assistance of outside personnel to assure
that all personnel are thoroughly trained according to safety requirements
and safe working practices.
11. Presents electrical safety and related programs to the member consumers,
civic and community organizations, throughout the Cooperative's service
12. Develops, maintains, and coordinates state required Hazard
Communication Standard program.
13. Develops, maintains, and coordinates federal and state required SDS
(Safety Data Sheets) program.
14. Investigates vehicle accidents, fatal and serious accidents, as well as
significant first-aid cases, and prepares all necessary accident reports.
15. Initiates commendations for safety performances or suggestions by
employees, as well as disciplinary action for infractions of safety rules or
safe working procedures in accordance with LREC policies.
16. Investigates conditions in the field as they relate to Cooperative electric
distribution lines/equipment and/or conditions that might exist on
member's premises and provides appropriate follow-up.
17. Responsible for bucket truck, high voltage testing on a regular basis, and
the evaluation, purchasing, testing and maintenance of high voltage line
18. Coordinates the Cooperative's tool and personal safety gear program for
employees. Performs a review annually.
19. Attends seminars/conferences to keep up-to-date on safety
issues/practices at the state and national levels.
20. Keeps up-to-date with National Electric Safety Code specifications.
21. Promotes safe working habits and uses all protective equipment as
prescribed by the Cooperative's policies and procedures.
22. Provides coordination of an apprenticeship program for line personnel to
be approved by the Chief Executive Officer.
23. Responsible for coordinating the Cooperative's safety accreditation
24. Maintains an up-to-date list of LREC employees who have completed
a D.O.T. physical and schedules appointments for D.O.T. physicals.
25. Maintains an up-to-date lists of LREC employees who have obtained or
need to obtain a commercial driver's license. Schedules employees for
26. Performs other activities as requested or required by the position.
27. Protects confidentiality of information.
28. Performs all other duties, as assigned.
Valid Oklahoma Class D driver's license and excellent driving record required. Must furnish
Oklahoma Motor Vehicle Operator Report upon conditional job offer.
Must provide 3 professional letters of recommendation.
All applicants tentatively selected for this position will be required to submit to urinalysis to
screen for illegal drug use. Employment will be contingent upon drug test results.
LREC offers a generous benefits package including Annual Leave and Sick Leave, Major Medical
Health Insurance, 401K, and Retirement & Security package.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
LREC is a short distance to four major metro areas (Oklahoma City, Tulsa, Ft. Smith, and
Fayetteville). We are in the foothills of the Ozarks, where there are all kinds of outdoor activities
like 4-wheeling, hiking, hunting, fishing, etc. We have access to the Illinois River, Ft. Gibson and
Tenkiller reservoirs for water recreation. Tahlequah has a state university in the heart of our area
and is the capital of the Cherokee Nation. We have one of the top-rated school districts in
Oklahoma (#8 Ft. Gibson according to niche.com). LREC is 1.5 hours from 2 commercial
airports. Additionally, multiple hospitals, great restaurants, movie theaters and other
entertainment venues are in the immediate area.