Building Maintenance Assistant
Dataw Island Club, Inc. is seeking a Building Maintenance Assistant
Under the direction and supervision of the Director of Building Maintenance the candidate will perform a variety of work in the repair and maintenance of structures and equipment for Dataw Island buildings and facilities.
- Repairs, paints, and installs all residential mailboxes on Dataw Island.
- Walks through facilities daily and ensures good working condition of all equipment, ice machines, lights, drains, toilets, doors knobs. Changes lightbulbs, unclogs drains and toilets, fixes loose doorknobs.
- Repairs and/or assembles furniture.
- Cleans club roof and drains on a weekly basis.
- Changes belts and maintains cooking hoods in Dataw Kitchen.
- Power washes outside areas as needed.
- Cleans light fixtures and vents.
- Fixes, patches, and touches up paint on walls as necessary to maintain appearance.
- Replaces broken tiles on floors.
- Reviews Security reports of damages and responds accordingly.
- Works to complete departmental work orders.
- Performs all duties as directed and necessary for maintenance and repairs of buildings and equipment.
- Experience in light carpentry, painting, electricity, plumbing and HVAC
- Requires physical labor with ability to climb ladders
- Proficient with hand tools
- Mechanical aptitude
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to follow written and oral directs
- Ability to work outdoors in varying weather conditions
- Goal Oriented
Availability and Schedule:
- Monday – Thursday 6:30 am to 3:00 pm; Friday 6:30 am to 11:00 am
- Available for occasional on call after hours, weekends and overtime as necessary