We are looking for a Commercial Estimator that has the understanding of Metal framing and Drywall. This person would have great communication skills. The ideal candidate should also have knowledge of Plan swift and or On Screen /Quick bid. The Commercial Estimator should be able to bid jobs from $20,000.00 to $4,000.000.00.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 - $150,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Dover, DE 19901: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Construction estimating: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: 730 Horsepond Rd Dover De
Position Mission: The Estimator will track, manage, and execute all estimating and preconstruction activities pertaining to bid and proposal opportunities within this specific market sector.
- Maintain company software for bidding projects, active projects, and subcontractor database
- Monitor and present various bid opportunities to the preconstruction team for go/no go decisions
- Compile and coordinate all bid and proposal submittal requirements to the various client authorities
- Perform quantity take-offs and develop labor and material costs using historical data and/or current pricing derived from active quote solicitation
- Assist in creating or developing bid proposals for projects complete with qualifications
- Participate in scoping bids to ensure proper coverage of scope
- Attend pre-bid and walk-thru meetings (must have own transportation)
- Support management of bid proposal documentation and submission
- Provide accurate construction takeoff and cost estimates
- Procure and manage various permit and project start-up requirements with a variety of municipalities and agencies along with internal, operations teams.
- Account for all aspects of developing construction scopes and resultant cost
- Procure and develop business relationships & leads within current and prospective client bases within various public sector agencies/targets, with close communication with preconstruction and management teams
The Value You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management or comparable; or, 2-5 years of relevant work experience with a general contractor working in both public and private sector construction.
- Working technical knowledge of successful bidding strategies and pursuit practices working as an estimator with federal, state, and local government agencies.
- Meticulous attention to detail, high capacity for multi-tasking on numerous projects.
- Strong work ethic.
- Experience working remotely and leveraging technology to stay connected to all project stakeholders.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Friendly, professional, and team oriented.
- Working knowledge of conceptual estimates from concept plans and informal narratives.
- Personality that propagates creativity, innovation, continuous improvement and added value.
- Ability to travel throughout the service area in your own vehicle, fuel expense reimbursement by company.
C&C Contractors North Inc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.