NJ based steel fabricator shop seeks a layout/fitter with experience, knowledge of steel/blueprint a must.
- Qualified candidates must be able to demonstrate skill such as laying out, cutting with oxygen-acetylene and welding
- Confidently use all measurement tools for fit-up, including tape measure, combination square, steel rule, level, chalk line, soap stone, etc.
- Possess a high skill using oxygen/acetylene torches including precision beveled cuts.
- Incorporate mathematics including fractions and angles in to all aspects of work.
- Able to operate heavy machinery, forklifts, and overhead cranes
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Must possess adequate sight, hearing and use of limbs for all aspects of job.
Good benefits, union shop and 401k. Please reply with resume and contact information
Burgess Steel thrives on coordinating challenges while fabricating tailor-made solutions to unique structural designs.
Construction industry experts turn to Burgess for specialty steel projects requiring quick response, in-depth coordination and on-time performance.
The results? High quality work to be proud of and admired.