UTILITY CONSTRUCTION FOREMAN
Brandywine Construction Co., Inc. (BCCI)
A well-established Construction Company in New Castle Delaware, is seeking candidates for the following position:
Utility Construction Foreman
Brandywine Construction Co., Inc. (BCCI) is a general contractor focused on underground utility installations and maintenance, civil site development, paving & restoration, and mechanical piping construction. Our company has earned a reputation of consistent dependability and value while providing quality work. Our commitment to safety and excellence, and our dedication to the customers we service is demonstrated through the knowledge and experience of our tradesmen, supervision, and ownership. Our core focus is construction and maintenance services for the gas, water, and sewer distribution markets throughout and beyond New Castle County, Delaware. We cherish the reputation we have built and appreciate the repeat business opportunities our customers have afforded us. Led by a management team with over 60 years of experience, BCCI is well positioned for future growth and continued success and is looking for a qualified candidate to help us maintain the highest levels of quality and service.
Offering: Full-Time Employment | Comprehensive Benefits |Company Vehicle
- Ownership of Job Safety Requirements including JSA’s/ JHA’s, Safety Tailgate Meetings, etc.
- Familiar with various excavation requirements including soil types, shoring, benching, etc.
- Expertise in at least one of the following underground utilities: Storm Drain, Water, Gas, and/or Electrical
- Familiar with multiple types of piping and fitting some of which include Ductile Iron, PVC, HDPE, Steel etc.
- Ability to read plans and grading for pipeline installation.
- Ability to schedule inspections and understand applicable code requirements.
- Needs to be capable of overseeing and looking at crew members work for Quality Assurance.
- Strong knowledge of heavy equipment including backhoes, excavators, dozers, etc. The ability for basic equipment maintenance is mandatory.
- Familiar with various means and methods for excavation and trenching
- Plans, coordinates, and supervises all employees on assigned projects
- Follow all safety policies and procedures
- Follow the direction of the Superintendent with regards to daily production schedule and activities.
- 3-5 years of experience as a Utility Construction Foreman
- Ability to manage a crew of 3+
- Perform strenuous physical labor in outdoor elements
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Proficiency with iPads, email and other MS Office applications
- Manages difficult customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Current First Aid/CPR/AED.
- OSHA 30 certification required
- Directional Drilling Experience a plus
- Must pass pre-employment drug test/background check.
- Must have a valid DL